The General Coordinator is the sub-director of the National Library of Portugal.
The National Library bestowed the General Coordinator with executive powers, having therefore the following tasks:
• Present an annual proposal, after hearing the Technical Assembly, for an activities and strategic plan with the objective of consolidating and developing PORBASE cooperation.
• Summon the Technical Assembly, approve its proposals and oversee their correct implementation.
• Guarantee a good performance of The National Library’s existing structures for technical, librarianship and computer support for the cooperants´ community taking into consideration the proposals and opinions of the Technical Assembly.
• Represent PORBASE, nationally or internationally, or assign that representation to a member that integrates the coordination’s structure.
• Summon and preside the Cooperants Assembly;
• Elaborate and distribute, for appreciation and discussion, the annual activities report of the PORBASE cooperation having had a previous analysis from the Technical Assembly.