It is the Technical Assembly’s duty to present proposals and to advise the General Coordinator about the operational aspects of PORBASE, namely in the following points:
• PORBASE maintenance and development;
• Definition of regulations and technical criteria;
• Development and implementation of projects;
• Long term planning;
• Services and products taxation policy.
• The Technical Assembly should convene three times a year, by summons from the General Coordinator, deliberating by simple majority.
• The works agenda for each meeting shall be sent to each member of the Technical Assembly 15 days before the meeting.
• The resolutions of the Technical Assembly, after receiving approval by the General Coordinator, are communicated to all the cooperants.
• The Technical Assembly may propose to the General Coordinator a nomination of working groups including a timeline and a study objective and propose solutions for distinct and specific subjects of interest for PORBASE.
• To compensate limitations of geographic, division or technical order the Technical Assembly may sporadically designate professionals, with the adequate competencies, for assistance.
Election of the Technical Assembly Representatives
The election of the five members of the Technical Assembly that represent the Cooperants Assembly shall take place every two years in the following conditions:
• Any members of the Cooperants Assembly are eligible;
• The candidatures are individual and nominal and can be presented by the candidates themselves or by suggestion of other elements of the Cooperants Assembly;
• The five most voted candidates will be elected. The election takes place at the Cooperants Assembly.
Members of the Technical Assembly for 2006-2007
• General Coordinator
- Maria Inês Cordeiro
• Director, National Bibliographic Services (BNP)
- Maria Luisa Santos
• Head, Bibliographic Cooperation Services (BNP)
- Dulce Fontes
• Elements of the Cooperants Assembly
- Alfredo Magalhães Ramalho - Biblioteca Universitária
João Paulo II
- José António Calixto Marques de Oliveira - Biblioteca
Pública de Évora
- Júlio Manuel Rodrigues da Costa - Biblioteca Pública
Municipal do Porto
- Maria Margarida Pedroso Correia Vargues - Serv. de Doc. da Univ.